One Dish Broccoli & Mushroom Bake
This one dish broccoli & mushroom bake is easy to make, packed with veggies, and stars U.S.-grown basmati rice. Recipe comes to us from our friend Gal of @somethingnutritious.
Prep Time15 min
Cook Time50 min
Total Time1 hr 5 min
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 + ½ cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- sliced scallions, to top
- crushed red pepper, to top
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- In a large casserole dish, at least 9 x 13″ big, layer your rice and mix it with the 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sliced mushrooms, broccoli florets, onion, salt, pepper, garlic, nutritional yeast and butter.
- Layer the veggie mixture over the rice and flatten into the baking dish.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the dish, and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes covered. Remove from oven, give it a mix and remove the foil. Continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered, until the rice is fluffy and all liquid is absorbed.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, fluff together and top with scallions or red pepper flakes. Serve fresh!