- ½ pound smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-to-16-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can roasted garlic diced tomatoes*
- 1 (5-ounce) package saffron rice mix, prepared according to package directions
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes and rice. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
*Substitute 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed or diced tomatoes for roasted garlic tomatoes, if desired.
- Calories 475
- Total Fat 21g
- Sodium 1342mg
- Carbohydrates 55g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 18g