- 3 cups cooked short or medium grain rice, cooled
- 1 cup Parmesan-Romano cheese blend, grated
- ⅔ cup half and half
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 8-10 large thin slices prosciutto (cured Italian ham)
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut in strips
- Combine rice, cheese, half and half, and basil in large bowl.
- Place 1 prosciutto slice on cutting board; spread ½ cup rice mixture evenly over prosciutto, pressing slightly. Arrange a few pepper strips lengthwise down center over rice; carefully roll into a log, about 8 inches long and 1½ inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining prosciutto slices; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Cut each roll crosswise into 1-inch pieces, placing on platter, cut side up, to resemble sushi. Serve at room temperature. Yields 64 pieces.
- Calories 447
- Total Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 241mg
- Sodium 912mg
- Carbohydrates 53g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 37g