Pesto Chicken & Rice Salad with Tuscan Relish
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 (6-ounce) packages precooked, grilled chicken strips, cut into ½’ pieces
- ½ cup basil pesto sauce
- 1 cup provolone cheese, cut into ¼’ cubes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Place tomatoes in 2-quart saucepan. Pour 2 cups hot water over tomatoes; let stand 10 minutes or until soft. Drain tomatoes and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine rice, chicken strips and basil pesto.
- For Tuscan relish, in medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cheese and vinaigrette; add to rice mixture. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.