Pork and California Wild Rice Chili
Recipe courtesy of the California Wild Rice Advisory Board.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¾ cup uncooked California wild rice
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (18-ounce) cans white kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- 6 sprigs cilantro (optional)
- In large saucepan, sauté pork and onion in oil over medium-high heat until onion is soft and pork lightly browned. Add cumin, oregano, wild rice, chicken broth, corn and green chilies. Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender and grains have puffed open.
- Serve garnished with cheese and cilantro, if desired.
- Calories 211
- Total Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 413mg
- Carbohydrates 36g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 5g