Prosciutto and Asiago Rice Cakes with Pesto Aioli
"Rev Up Your Rice!" Recipe Contest- Bob Gadsb
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto*
- 3 cups cooked medium grain white rice
- ⅔ cup grated Asiago cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl; refrigerate.
- Combine rice, cheese, eggs, prosciutto and pepper in large bowl and mix well. Shape into 20 patties, about 1 ½-inches in diameter. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté half the patties 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; remove from pan. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed.
- Serve with pesto aioli sauce.
Recipe Notes*Sun-dried tomato pesto may be substituted.
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Carbohydrates 17g
- Protein 8g