Rio Bravo Rice-Stuffed Poblanos
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Edwina Gadsby
- 6 large Poblano peppers
- cooking oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups smoked Gouda or cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slit each pepper lengthwise and microwave on HIGH for 3 -5 minutes, depending on the size, to soften. Carefully remove loose seeds and veins, keeping stem intact. Rub pepper generously with oil and place on baking sheet.
- Combine rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, corn and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture to stuff each pepper; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven 20 to 25 minutes, until peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through. Garnish with cilantro.
- Calories 307
- Total Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 42mg
- Sodium 262mg
- Carbohydrates 35g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 12g