Salmon & Rice Packets with Fennel, Orange & Raisins
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - David Dahlman
- 3 cups cooked medium or long grain brown rice
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (4-ounce each)
- 1 medium fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced in 8 rounds
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat broiler. Place 4 sheets of foil (12 1/2 x 12 1/2) on large baking sheet.
- Combine rice, raisins, orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in medium bowl. Spoon equal amounts of rice mixture in center of each sheet. Top rice with salmon and fennel and arrange onion slices on top. Pour the orange juice evenly over all, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and drizzle with oil.
- Wrap foil over contents and pinch ends tightly to form individual packets; broil 6 to 7 inches from heat source 17-18 minutes or until salmon is opaque in center.
- Calories 470
- Total Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 540mg
- Carbohydrates 50g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 28g