Shrimp and Rice Patties with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Daljeet Singh
Serving Size2 patties
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) container light sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 cups cooked medium or long grain rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Combine cilantro, sour cream, jalapenos and ½ teaspoon salt in food processor and puree until smooth. Spoon into bowl; refrigerate.
- Combine rice, shrimp, green onions, remaining salt and pepper in food processor; pulse until texture is coarse. Shape into 12 patties*, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 patties and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden; remove. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed.
- Serve with sauce and lime wedges, if desired.
Recipe NotesMay be shaped into 24 (2-inch diameter patties) for appetizers.
- Serving 2 patties
- Calories 320
- Total Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 140mg
- Sodium 780mg
- Carbohydrates 35g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Protein 20g