- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium onions, chopped, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, julienned
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, stems removed and torn
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pieces pita bread, each cut in half
- Combine oil, vinegar, ½ cup onion, 1 clove garlic and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in large bowl. Add shrimp; stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Thoroughly drain shrimp; discard marinade.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp, remaining onion, bell peppers, spinach and remaining 1 clove garlic; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked..
- Add rice, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until flavors are well blended.
- To serve, fill each pita with ½ to ¾ cup rice.
- Calories 296
- Total Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 61mg
- Sodium 677mg
- Carbohydrates 47g
- Dietary Fiber 6g
- Protein 14g