Serving Size½ cup
- 2 cups Onions, fresh, diced
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable oil
- 2 quarts Tomato sauce
- 1 gallon Water
- 3 pounds, 12 ounces Brown rice, parboiled, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- ¼ cup Hot sauce, prepared
- ½ cup Green chilies, canned, drained
- Lightly coat 2 full size 2-inch steam table pan with food release spray.
- Sauté onions in vegetable oil until softened.
- Pour 1 quart tomato sauce and 2 quarts water into each pan. Whisk together.
- Add 1 pound 14 ounces of uncooked brown rice to each pan.
- Combine garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and salt. Add 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of spice mixture to each pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, 1 cup of cooked onions, and ¼ cup green chilies to each pan. Whisk together to combine.
- Steam for approximately 25 minutes, or until the rice is al dente.
*Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Fluff with utensil and cover with plastic wrap.
- Serve ½ cup using a No. 8 scoop.
*Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Serving ½ cup
- Calories 287
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 182 mg
- Carbohydrates 59g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 7g