Serving Size½ cup
- 9 pounds spinach, frozen, chopped, thawed, drained well
- 5 cups onions, fresh, diced
- 4 ounces vegetable oil
- 76 ounces cream of mushroom soup, condensed, canned, reduced fat & sodium
- 5 quarts 1 pint water
- 1 pounds 8 ounces mushrooms, canned, sliced, drained
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pounds 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 pounds 8 ounces brown rice, parboiled, uncooked
- 12 ounces wild rice, uncooked
- Thaw frozen spinach in refrigerator overnight by placing frozen spinach in 2-inch perforated pan inside solid pan to drain.
- Spray each 2-inch full size steamtable pan with food release. For 50 servings use 2 pans.
- Rinse onions under running water.
- Dice onions, or use frozen diced onions.
- Sauté diced onions in vegetable oil until translucent and beginning to turn golden brown.
- Wearing gloves, press and squeeze liquid out of thawed spinach (Every 4½ pounds should equal 2 pounds 12 ounces after water is removed)
- Batch-mix each pan separately. In large mixing bowl, combine 38 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup and 2¾ qt water. Mix well.
- Add 2 pounds 12 ounces spinach, approximately 2 cups sautéed onions, 12 ounces mushrooms, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1½ teaspoon pepper, 3 tablespoons dried parsley and 1½ tablespoons lemon juice. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, 3 ounces parmesan cheese, 20 ounces brown rice and 6 ounces wild rice to soup mixture. Using a whisk, stir well to combine ingredients.
- Pour 1½ gallons into each prepared steamtable pan.
- Bake uncovered at 325˚F for approximately 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and rice is al dente.
Critical Control Point: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Serve ½ cup portions using a #8 scoop.
- Serving ½ cup
- Calories 246
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Carbohydrates 32g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 14g