Spring Pilaf with Pancetta
Serving Size1 cup rice mixture; ¼ cup pancetta
- 3 cups chicken stock, unsalted
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups kale, stemmed, chopped
- 3 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1½ cups quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups peas, frozen
- 1½ cups pancetta, cooked, chopped
- In a large heavy-bottom pot; combine chicken stock, milk, butter, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Add kale, rice, quinoa, and lemon juice. Cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until grains absorb cooking liquid.
- Gently fold in peas.
- To make 1 portion: Scoop 1 cup of the mixture into a heated bowl, and top with ¼ cup pancetta.