Summertime Shrimp and Rice Bowls
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Grand Prize Winner - Edwina Gadsby
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 (11-ounce) can, drained corn
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, slivered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Thread shrimp on skewers. To broil in oven, place on broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Brush shrimp with oil reserved from tomatoes. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 4 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine rice, corn, tomatoes, cheese, basil and salt.
- Spoon into individual bowls. Top rice with shrimp.
Recipe NotesTo cook on outdoor grill, brush shrimp with reserved oil from tomatoes. Cook skewered shrimp over hot coals 4 minutes. Turn and brush with additional oil. Grill 4 to 5 minutes or until done.
- Calories 447
- Total Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 241mg
- Sodium 912mg
- Carbohydrates 53g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 37g