Tangy Lime Rice Pudding Squares
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Priscilla Yee
Serving Size1 bar
- 2 cups gingersnap, crumbled
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cooked medium grain rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- lime peel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crust: Combine gingersnap crumbs and melted butter in medium bowl; stir until blended. Press mixture along bottom and sides of 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Filling: Combine rice, milk and sweetened condensed milk in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy (20 to 25 minutes), stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Pour filling into prepared crust. Chill.
- Spread whipped cream over pudding. Cut into bars and garnish with lime peel, if desired.
- Serving 1 bar
- Calories 264
- Total Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 26mg
- Sodium 126mg
- Carbohydrates 38g
- Protein 5g