Thai Chicken & Brown Rice Lettuce Wraps
Recipe developed for USA Rice by Chef Cyndie Story, PhD, RD, CC.
Click on the PDF below for complete nutritional information and recipe information for 50 & 100 servings.
- 6 pounds 4 ounces chicken fajita meat, cooked, frozen
- 4 pounds mango, fresh or frozen, peeled, diced
- 2 pounds red bell peppers, raw, cut into 2-inch by ½ inch strips
- 1 quart 1 cup peanut sauce, prepared*
- 8 pounds brown rice, medium or long grain, cooked
- 3 ounces (2 cups) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 100 each lettuce, iceberg or boston, large whole leaves
- Lightly coat 4-inch full size steam table pans with food release spray. Place 3 pounds 2 ounces chicken into each pan. For 50 servings use 2 pans.
- Add to each pan 2 pounds diced mango or pineapple, 1-pound red pepper strips, and 1 quart prepared peanut sauce*.
- Cover and cook in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F or above.
Critical Control Point: Heat to 135°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Stir 2 pounds of hot, cooked brown rice into each pan.
Critical Control Point: Hold for service at 135°F or higher.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of chopped fresh cilantro over each pan just before service.
- Place 1 cup of the Thai Chicken and Rice mixture in a serving container.
- Serve 2 large, fresh lettuce leaves with each serving for students to make their own lettuce wrap.
For a peanut free sauce consider whisking together: 1 pint 2 ounce prepared sweet chili sauce and 1 pint 7 ounce pineapple juice.
- Serving 2 wraps
- Calories 39.1
- Total Fat 7.6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Sodium 859mg
- Carbohydrates 39.1g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g
- Protein 20.7g