Tom Yum Fried Rice
This Tom Yum Fried Rice is so easy to make but doesn’t skimp on flavor! It’s the perfect way to use leftover rice and it’s packed with vegetables and protein to deliver a hearty nutritious meal.
This recipe was developed by our friends at The Wicked Vegetarian and was a winner of the 2021 USA Rice and Feedfeed National Rice Month recipe contest.
Serving Size1 bowl
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time12 min
Total Time22 min
- 1½ cups long grain rice, cooked
- 15 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large red onion, sliced and sautéed
- 2 cups fresh spinach cooked with onions
- 1½ large red pepper, sliced and sautéed
- 10 large shitake mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 2 cups cubed tofu, sautéed
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- 3 oz tom yum paste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- fried egg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, red onion, spinach, spinach, pepper, mushrooms, salt, and tofu. Sauté for about five minutes.
- Add leftover oil and then the cooked rice, sugar, tom yum paste, and cilantro. Stir until combined.
- Continue cooking to fry the rice, stirring occasionally, for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Once rice has fried, season with salt or soy sauce if needed, remove from heat, and serve.
- Optional: Top with fried egg.