Serving Size1 cup
- 1¾ cups lower-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper, ground
Vegetable Fried Rice
- ½ cup vegetable oil, divided
- 5 pounds 10 ounces pasteurized egg product
- 2 pounds 9 ounces carrots, fresh, shredded
- 5 pounds 4 ounces peas, frozen
- 10 pounds 12 ounces brown rice, cooked, chilled*
- 4 ounces (2 cups) scallions, sliced
- 1 ounce (1 cup) cilantro, fresh, minced, optional
- 2½ cups ginger-soy sauce
- To prepare the Ginger-Soy Sauce*: In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and hold until ready to use as directed. Critical Control Point: Refrigerate below 41°F at least 2 hours before using as directed.
- In a tilting skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat (⅓ cup for 100 servings); add egg product and sauté 3-4 minutes or until firm. Critical Control Point: Cook to an internal temperature of 155°F or higher for 15 seconds. Remove from skillet and chop. Reserve. Critical Control Point: Hot hold at 135°F or higher.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil; sauté carrots for 2-3 minutes. Add peas and scallions and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Mix in rice and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through. Stir in cilantro and mix well. Mix in reserved eggs and Ginger-Soy Sauce*. Critical Control Point: Cook to an internal temperature of 165°F or higher. Critical Control Point: Hold hot at 135°F or higher for service.
To Serve: Scoop 1 cup (two No. 8 scoops) fried rice into a bowl and serve.
- Serving 1 cup
- Calories 259
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 187mg
- Sodium 387mg
- Carbohydrates 34g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Protein 12g