Black Bean and Two-Cheese Rice Enchiladas
Serving Size2 enchiladas
- 6 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups chopped onion
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (7-ounce) cans of mild chopped green chilies
- 1½ cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 48 small flour tortillas
- 1½ lbs monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1½ lbs sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine enchilada sauce and cumin in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Stir in the beans and green chilies and remove from heat.
- Stir in rice and cilantro until just blended.
- Spoon 1½ cups enchilada sauce in bottom of each of two 20x12x2-inch hotel pans.
- Spoon ¼ cup rice mixture on one end of each tortilla, top with 2 tablespoons Monterey Jack cheese, roll up and place in pan, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Slowly pour the remaining sauce evenly over the enchiladas.
- Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese in tortillas has melted slightly.
- Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheddar cheese melts.
Makes 48 enchiladas. Serves 24; 2 enchiladas per serving
Recipe NotesThe enchiladas fit perfectly in the hotel pans if 3 rolled enchiladas are placed end to end across the longest end of the pan. Arrange the remaining enchiladas in a single layer, making it 3 enchiladas across and 8 enchiladas in each row.
- Serving 2 enchiladas
- Calories 540
- Total Fat 24g
- Saturated Fat 11g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 1560mg
- Carbohydrates 59g
- Dietary Fiber 5g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 23g