Caribbean Shrimp and Rice
Caribbean shrimp and rice
- 4½ cups rice (sub recipe)
- 6 mango guacamole, seasoned with black pepper, seared (sub recipe)
- ¼ cup shrimp (sub recipe)
- ¾ cup shrimp sauce (sub recipe)
- 1 bag Ben's quick whole grain brown rice
- 1 each orange bell pepper, roasted, peeled, diced
- ½ each Spanish onion, diced
- ½ cup black eyed peas, cooked, drained
- 1 each avocado, peeled, diced
- ½ each mango, peeled, diced
- ½ each red onion, diced
- ½ each jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
- 2 each lime, juiced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 each gulf shrimp, peeled, deveined, save shells
- 2 tablespoon jerk seasoning
Assemble in the following order: Rice, Shrimp, Mango Guacamole, Shrimp Sauce.
- Make Rice: Cook rice according to package; Sauté onions until soft;
add peppers and black eyed peas; fold into cooked rice.
- Make Mango Guacamole: Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Make Shrimp: Toss shrimp in seasoning; Sear in hot pan until slightly blackened on each end.