Crispy Rice Cherry Bomb
Serving Size1 cherry bomb; 1 cup of marinara
- ¾ cup cherry peppers, drained, chopped
- 1½ cups philly beef, cooked, chopped
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups risotto
- 6 cups panko bread crumbs
- 6 cups marinara sauce
- 6 tablespoons parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, stemmed, chopped
To make filling:
- In a large bowl; combine cherry peppers, Philly Beef, and cheddar cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined.
To make 1 cherry bomb:
- Flatten ½ cup risotto into a disc shape; place ¼ cup cheese mixture in center of disc and form a ball around the filling.
- Roll cherry bomb in panko bread crumbs, and cook in a deep fryer set to 350°F for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from oil and transfer to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cherry bomb reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
To make 1 portion:
- In a bowl, pour 1 cup heated marinara sauce over 1 cherry bomb.
- Top with 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1 teaspoon parsley.