Easy Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Whether you’re in the mood for a quick and nutritious lunch or you want a light and healthy game-day snack, these easy, flavorful tofu lettuce wraps are calling your name!
This recipe stars U.S.-grown jasmine rice and comes to us from our friend Anne of Craving Something Healthy in partnership with USA Rice.
Serving Size2 Wraps
Prep Time30 min
Cook Time10 min
Total Time40 min
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce reduced sodium
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 cup minced mushrooms about 4 ounces
- 14 ounces firm tofu, drained and pressed*
- 1½ cups cooked U.S.-grown jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 10 leaves crisp butter or Romaine lettuce
- 5 medium radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- minced scallions, cilantro, mint
For the Tofu Filling
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Do not let the garlic burn!
- Add the minced mushrooms to the pan. Saute for about 2 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and any liquid has cooked off.
- Crumble the tofu into the mushrooms, using a spatula to break it up further. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until any liquid has cooked off.
- Add the sauce to the tofu-mushroom mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add the rice and reduce the heat to low. The mixture should be moist. If it seems too wet, let it cook for another 2 minutes or until the excess sauce cooks off.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the green onion, cilantro, and fresh mint.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of the tofu filling in the center of each lettuce leaf.
- Add fresh vegetable toppings, a sprinkle of herbs, and a sprinkle of cashews to each lettuce wrap.
- Gently fold over to eat.
Recipe Notes*To ensure your tofu lettuce wraps aren’t watery, drain the tofu and press it for at least 30 minutes before starting the recipe
- Serving 1 wrap
- Calories 152kcal
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol .1mg
- Sodium 397mg
- Carbohydrates 15g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 7g