- 2 pounds 12 ounces brown rice, parboiled (converted), uncooked
- 1 gallon water, hot, nearly boiling
- 3 pounds 2 ounces chicken, boneless, fully cooked, diced
- 3 quarts, ½ cup hummus, prepared
- 3 quarts, ½ cup cucumbers, unpared, diced (½-inch dice suggested)
- 3 quarts, ½ cup tomatoes, diced (½-inch dice suggested)
- 12.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbles
- 2 cups black olive slices, drained
- 3 ⅛ cups oil, olive (preferred) or other vegetable oil
- 2 cups lemon juice (see chef’s tip)
- 2 cups vinegar, red wine (or apple cider vinegar)
- Combine rice and hot water in a 4-inch deep full-size pan, taking care to avoid burns from hot water; cover and place in preheated 350°F oven. Cook for 45 minutes; stir and check doneness. If necessary, cook 5-10 minutes longer until rice is fully cooked. Critical Control Point (CCP): Hot hold at 135°F or above.
- Heat chicken to 165°F for 15 seconds. Note: Follow the cooking instructions for chicken product used and adjust quantity of product as needed to produce 50 1-oz eq servings M/MA; for many products, this is more than 50 ounces of chicken product. CCP: Hot hold at 135°F or above. While chicken and rice are cooking:
- Prepare diced cucumber and diced tomatoes. CCP: Cold hold at 41°F or below.
- Reduce feta to fine crumbles by chopping with a chef’s knife. CCP: Cold hold at
41°F or below.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, and lemon juice to make dressing or substitute commercially prepared Greek salad dressing. Chef’s tip: Add the zest of lemons to dressing for flavor when using fresh lemon juice.
- Portion a ½ cup (#8 scoop) of cooked rice in a bowl.
- On top of rice, portion:
- 1 oz of diced chicken
- 1 oz hummus
- ¼ cup diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sliced olives
- 2 teaspoons feta crumbles (¼ oz)
- Serve with 1 ¾ fl oz of dressing
- Calories 430
- Total Fat 24g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Sodium 315mg
- Carbohydrates 39g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5g
- Protein 17g