Leftover Salmon Rice Bowl
Inspired by Emily Mariko's famous TikTok recipe for leftover salmon, this Salmon Rice Bowl is a tasty and nutrious way to utilize leftover rice & salmon.
This recipe comes to us from our friends at the Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
Prep Time3 min
Cook Time2 min
Total Time5 min
- 1 salmon fillet (cooked)
- 1 cup white rice (leftovers/pre-cooked)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Kewpie mayo
- roasted seaweed
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- kimchi (optional)
- Gently flake your salmon piece and spread it across a large enough bowl or plate.
- Add the rice on top of the salmon. Add an ice cube in the center. Cover with parchment paper and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove ice cube, then top with condiments: soy sauce, sriracha, and Kewpie mayo.
- Mix all the ingredients together and adjust for condiments to taste.
- If desired, add sliced avocado on top, and garnish with some kimchi, or any other sides you love.
- Serve with dried seaweed and enjoy!
Recipe NotesNo leftover salmon fillet? Open a can of salmon.
You can use any type of leftover rice you have, such as brown rice or basmati.
Not a kimchi or spicy mayo fan? Make it Mediterranean Salmon Rice Bowl with marinated artichokes and feta topping, or top with tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella for a Caprese version.
Find the original recipe here.