Mediterranean Wild Rice Bowls
Our Mediterrean Wild Rice Bowls are bursting with flavor and packed with nutrition! These colorful bowls star California-grown wild rice and comes to us from our friend Laura of @glowingly.well in partnership with USA Rice and TheFeedfeed.
Serving Size1 bowl
Prep Time30 min
Cook Time60 min
Total Time1 hr 30 min
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3½ cups water
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 small cauliflower, florets only
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sumac (or sub paprika)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 kale leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely sliced red cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 12 kalamata olives
- 2 medjool dates, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking tray with silicone liner or parchment.
- For the rice: Bring rice and water to a boil in a 3-quart sauce pan. Lower heat and cover. Cook for 55 minutes until tender. Remove from heat, allow to sit for 5 minutes. Drain any remaining water.
- While rice cooks, prepare cauliflower. In a medium bowl, stir together avocado oil, sumac (or paprika) and cumin. Add cauliflower florets and massage mixture in with your hands. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes. Set aside bowl (reuse it to toss the salad).
- While rice is cooking and cauliflower is roasting, make dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a 16 ounce jar and shake vigorously.
- Massage kale, Remove stem from kale leaves. Tear kale leaves into small pieces and add to bowl. Add olive oil and massage for one minute. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, olives and dates.
- Assemble bowls. Divide rice, roasted cauliflower and salad into four large bowls. Top with dressing and enjoy.