Red Curry Coconut Rice with Pork
"Rev Up Your Rice!" Recipe Contest Finalist- Angela Buchanan
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2-3 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced or 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- Whisk together coconut milk and curry paste in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Stir in pineapple; cook until heated. Add rice and coconut milk mixture, stir until well combined and heated through. Add basil and serve immediately.
- Garnish with bell pepper, if desired.
- Calories 520
- Total Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 650mg
- Carbohydrates 56g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Protein 30g