Smoked Gouda and Spinach Rice Casserole
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner- Elise Lalor
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups hot cooked long grain white rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups smoked gouda cheese, shredded, divided
- ½ cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté about 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add hot rice, spinach, 1¼ cups cheese and cream; stir until cheese melts and mixture is heated through.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle remaining ¾ cup cheese over top.
- Broil about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Calories 363
- Total Fat 22g
- Cholesterol 56mg
- Sodium 649mg
- Carbohydrates 29g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 15g