"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest Winner - Catherine J. Heimbach
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 6 cups cooked rice, divided
- 1 (15-to-16-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; set aside.
- Layer bottom of baking dish with 3 cups rice. Top with half of the sour cream mixture, then with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Add layer of beans, remaining rice, and remaining sour cream mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- Mix remaining cheese with chips and sprinkle on lasagna. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Calories 506
- Total Fat 25g
- Cholesterol 44mg
- Sodium 1252mg
- Carbohydrates 52g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 18g