Thai Peanut Crunch Rice Salad
This Thai Peanut Crunch Rice Salad stars fragrant U.S.-grown jasmine rice, is full of crunchy veggies, and drenched in the best homemade peanut sauce. This easy to make recipe is great for meal prep and comes to use from our friend @DaisyBeet in partnership with USA Rice and TheFeedFeed.
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time60 min
Total Time1 hr 10 min
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1½ cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper.
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (or hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup chopped cashew pieces
- Prepare rice and frozen edamame on according to package instructions.
- While rice cooks, chop all your veggies and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare peanut sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Once rice is cooked, fluff with a fork, and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add cooled rice and edamame to the bowl with veggies. Pour peanut sauce over ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cashews. Enjoy!