This recipe is a plant-based version of your favorite bibimbap recipe featuring U.S.-grown rice! This recipe comes to us by our friend Erin of @thealmondeater.
Prep Time2 min
Cook Time25 min
Total Time27 min
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 block super firm tofu, pressed
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- ½ zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package. While rice is cooking, bake the tofu.
- After you've flipped the tofu, start cooking the vegetables. Heat olive oil in a large skillet, then add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or so. Use a slotted spoon to remove the mushrooms and garlic, then add spinach to that same skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Last, make the sauce: whisk soy sauce, syrup, sesame oil, and sriracha together and set aside.
- Pour rice into a bowl or bowls, then arrange everything into segments in your bowl: the tofu, mushrooms, spinach, radishes, and zucchini. Drizzle everything with the sauce and enjoy!