Gingered California Wild Rice and Papaya Salad
Recipe courtesy of the California Wild Rice Advisory Board. Created by Executive Chef Collin Moody Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove, California. Great as a spring or summer salad, or use as a side dish to duck, pork, or chicken.
- 4 cups cooked California wild rice, cooled
- 1 cup ripe Hawaiian or Mexican papaya, cut into ½’ cubes
- ⅓ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ⅛- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup shelled pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
- Combine rice, papaya, red pepper, cilantro and onion in serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and gently stir to combine well.
- Let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight. Just before serving, fold in the toasted Pumpkin seeds.
- Calories 147
- Total Fat 1g
- Sodium 6mg
- Carbohydrates 33g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Protein 6g