Tilapia with Cheesy Roasted Pepper-Chipotle Rice
"Rice to the Rescue!" Recipe Contest "Best Whole Grain Brown Rice" Winner- Debra Thomas
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia or snapper filets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 3 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- ¾ cup manchego or parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- Place red peppers in blender or food processor; puree until smooth; set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of fish. Melt butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Set aside on separate plate; cover to keep warm.
- To pan drippings, add pureed peppers and salsa; bring to boil. Remove ¼ cup salsa mixture; set aside.
- Stir rice into remaining salsa mixture in skillet; cook until heated, stirring frequently. Add cheese and olives; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spoon rice on platter around fish; spoon reserved sauce over fish.
- Garnish with additional olives, if desire.
- Calories 580
- Total Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 135mg
- Sodium 1540mg
- Carbohydrates 47g
- Dietary Fiber 7g
- Protein 42g